Hello DYA Members! (Or former DYA members)
The DYA National Gathering is coming up in just a month and we want you there!
Now this year, we’re not going to physically all meet in one place (no more airline or gas costs!), but with the joys of the internet, we are going to have the local chapters meet and then connect nationally via technology!
We would like all attendees to RSVP online by Monday, June 4th (see link below)
Not part of a local chapter yet? No worries, we still want you to connect to the national group!
Closer to the date of the National Gathering, we will send out a specific schedule and information as to how to connect via technology if you are not part of a local chapter.
Also, I encourage you to apply for the National Executive Board. It is a great leadership opportunity and resume builder. Those online applications are due Monday, May 28th (See information below)
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
DYA Communications Chair
General Information DYA National Gathering
Date: Saturday, June 9th, 2012
Local Chapter Meetings and Lunch
At 1pmCT/2pmET, all local chapters will connect via technology to the National Gathering.
Tentative Agenda for National Gathering:
1. Introduction by National Coordinator
- IDYM (International Dominican Youth Movement)
- Executive Board overview
2. Guest Speakers
3. Service/Mission discussion
4. Prayer service
5. Voting Information
More specific information to come!
Everyone must RSVP, please: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGlKb2kxTkpHOXBaV1pVdWpHd2FNR3c6MQ
Do you want to be on the DYA National Executive Board?
We are looking for our new DYA Executive Board! The board will be voted in at the National Gathering.
Eligible applicants must:
-Understand position duties listed below and be ready to fulfill those duties
-Be a member of a local DYA chapter
-Fill out the quick online application: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGxQU08zOUJ4UnNUNW9xVndDYmJya3c6MQ#gid=0
-Send in a short video and picture (so everyone can get to know you!) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due by Monday, May 28th!
(If you have any problems with the application, feel free to e-mail me!)
DYA National Board Member Duties
All DYA National Board Members shall:
- Be a member of a local DYA Chapter
- Attend all board meetings (usually via conference call, Skype call, or Google+ Hangout) monthly (or more if the board decides it is necessary)
- Work collaboratively with other board members to complete tasks and projects
- Be able to dedicate a few hours a week to DYA tasks
- Plan and coordinate the DYA National Gatherings (every two years)
- Be willing to attend DYA National and International Gatherings
- Assist the board in any other duties as needed
Term of a DYA National Board Member is a two-year commitment.
In addition to the general duties:
1. The National Coordinator shall:
- Report to the Director/Visionary/Creator of DYA, Sr. Gina Fleming OP
- Facilitate monthly (more if needed) board meetings with other DYA board members
- Create agendas for meetings and distribute before meeting
- Be able to promote and advocate for DYA, USA and other programs or groups directly involved with DYA, including, but not limited to:
- IDYM (International Dominican Youth Movement)PIA (Preaching in Action College Conference)
- DLC (Dominican Leadership Conference)
- Local chapters
- YDMT (Young Dominican Mission Teams)
- Be able to restructure and do what is best for DYA, USA as it develops throughout your time as National Coordinator
- Work to keep a cohesive board and build a relationship between the National Board Members that is one of respect and accountability
2. The Communications Chair shall:
- Reach out to the local chapter young adult leaders and/or mentors to gather information and give any information from the national board.
- Maintain and update all media related to DYA, USA including, but not limited to the informational website, Facebook fanpage, Facebook group, WordPress blog, and Youtube channel.
- Record minutes during national board meetings and national gatherings.
- Collecting and maintaining local chapter membership.
- Collaborate with the national board to write press releases for publications such as DomLife.
- Disseminate information about national projects or news updates.
- Be the liaison to different members of the Dominican family.
3. The Formation and Membership Chair shall:
- Work with DYA Director to track membership of local chapters and individual members
- Be in contact with chapters regarding formation materials (prayers, activities, news, etc)
- Be a resource for chapters that are new or forming to help with ideas and start-up
- Be a resource for chapters that are struggling or “in crises”
4. The Social Justice Chair shall:
- Research Social Justice issues locally, nationally and internationally
- Oversee the service portion of the DYA and to promote it in the local chapters
- Plan and oversee an annual or biennial service trip
- Receive/contribute to SJ Sisters List serve
- Send out a monthly newsletter giving ideas for meetings and local service projects and prayer services (including what other chapters have done)
- Help to reach out to the community members of DYA (see who is interested, and connect people), especially in regards to Social Justice issues